What do you look for in a camo hoodie?
Price, quality, comfort and the camo pattern. These are the key things to consider, now whilst price and quality can be identified in advance by looking at, well, the price and the makeup of the material used in the hoodie.
The primary argument in terms of quality when it comes to most types of clothing including hoodies is between the artificial fabrics and cotton. Man-made fabric material like polyster have been around for a few decades now but Cotton goes all the way back to the Pharoahs. In terms of comfort it depends what you are looking for, Cotton is more breathable so better for hotter climates, polyster on the other hand being a petroleum byproduct, is more durable over time and tends to wear slower than cotton and colors tend to fade slower.
Cotton is hypoallegenic while polyster is not, so if you are prone to get itchy from clothing chances are you will be happier with a higher cotton content. When it comes to sweating, cotton will absorb moisture where polyster does not, it is a water repellant, so good for rain bad for sweat. Whilst polyster does tend to have an artificial feel to it, the material is more resistant to shrinkage and wrinkling in the dryer.
2 Hoodies to Consider
Rothco Pullover Hooded Sweatshirt
One of the most affordable options for a camoflage hoodie, the Rothco Pullover Hoodie comes in a variety of camouflage styles.
- 60% Cotton, 40% Polyester
- Comfy Camouflage Hooded Sweatshirt With Drawstring Hood
- Large Front Slash Kangaroo style Hand Pocket
- Durable Poly/Cotton Outer Shell and Warm Fleece Lining
- Elastic Knit Wrist Cuffs and Waistband
- Available In Several Military Style Camouflage Patterns
Badlands Flex 1/2-Zip Hoodie - Versatile Hunting Mid-Layer
Innovative grid fleece helps to regulate your core temperature, while wicking moisture, and protecting you from the elements. And that full-length zipper makes it easy to pull on or off and stash in a flash. When the situation calls for flexibility, you'll bend, not break, with the Flex.
- LAYER UP - Skimping on the right layers is a fantastic way to ruin what could have been a great hunt. That's why we put just as much work into our mid layers as every other piece of gear we make. The Flex is aptly named -- wear it as a mid or outer layer depending on the weather.
- UNCOMPROMISING PROTECTION - Keeping your gear from becoming saturated with water is the first step in keeping dry, warm, and comfortable in the field. Badlands' C6 Durable Water Repellent (DWR) doesn't allow moisture to seep into fabrics. Water beads and rolls off, keeping you dry, longer.
- GRID FLEECE - The Flex features a textured grid fleece lining that delivers efficient insulation and promotes airflow to help regulate body temperature and wick moisture.
- APPROACH CAMO - A carefully constructed and neutral color palette allows the Approach pattern to adapt to your surroundings AND the current lighting conditions. Changing light will no longer dictate whether or not you stay hidden when it matters most.
- UNCONDITIONAL LIFETIME WARRANTY - Badlands' gear is built so tough that we can offer our legendary Unconditional Lifetime Warranty. As long as it says Badlands, it's covered.